Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

If you know me well at all you know how much I absolutely LOVE Christmas!  Well, it appears my partner in crime feels the exact same way.  Oh joy to the world!  We have kicked off this Christmas season with a bang.  First the decorating, then every Christmas movie known to man, Advent calendars, Christmas candy making, Christmas lights and of course the true story of Christmas every night before bed.  

Madie was SO excited when I got out her tree.  She took out each ornament and said "whoa!".  I made a promise to myself last year that if I was going to put a tree in her room she had to have total access to it.  It is not a "no, no".  It is hers.  So we rearrange ornaments everyday.  We have broken a couple but we love our tree!



Madie also loves our advent calendar.  I think she finally got the concept of it now but the first day I put it up she was being awfully quiet.  I found her this way and as soon as she saw me she said "uh oh". 

Watching Shrek the Halls

My little Santa baby

It has also finally gotten a little cold here.  Madie picked out this hat and gloves all by herself and she thinks they are fabulous!  I think I agree.  Ha!

The most precious gift from above

Madie loves looking at the Christmas lights on the way home in the evenings and we take our time past every house in our neighborhood.  She also talks about Santa  a lot and knows he says Ho!Ho!Ho!  Except when we went to see him she didn't want to sit on his lap.  When I asked her what Santa said after that she said "roar!".  I love this little girl so much!  She just cracks me up.  I do love the season so very much but hope she comes to love it for the same reason as me.  We were given the most amazing, selfless gift from our Father.  The birth and gift of Jesus is the reason we celebrate.  The gifts from Jesus are the reason my family is blessed to celebrate in the ways that we do. Now, I think we have a gingerbread house to decorate!  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment