Wednesday, May 18, 2011

13 Months! and ROAD TRIP!


Ms. Priss turned 13 months this weekend!  I cannot believe we are already 1+. Mike went on his annual guy's fishing trip so Madie and I packed up and headed to Abilene for some fun with MiMi, Grandaddy and Case.  Madie is SO much fun these days and such a little busy body.  I quite enjoy showing her off. 


Here is Madie with Grandaddy on the back porch glider.  I am a little sentimental about this pic, it is SO sweet.  And it is the same glider that was at my Nana and Granddaddy's house in Monahans.  Things like that are just so priceless. 

 While this may seem like such a sweet bonding moment between Grandaddy and granddaughter.  There is something you should know.  My daddy is a little LOT mischievous and soon enough Madie was trying her first lime.  OK, OK maybe I gave it to her, but I come by it naturally.  Here is her response........

 Watering the flowers with MiMi and Reb

 Saturday we went to the Abilene Zoo.  This zoo is just perfect for Madie right now.  It is just big enough and you can get really close to all the animals.  She LOVED it. 

 We even got Case to come with us!





 This is my ABSOLUTE favorite part of the Abilene Zoo.  You can feed the giraffes.  Madie gave it her cheerios.  (we should have noticed that they were selling special giraffe food but Madie had her own treats to share!)

 All was great until that tongue!  Ha!  Madie scooted away so fast.



 Saturday night MiMi and Grandaddy had a wedding to attend and Case went to his 115th concert that week so Madie and I had some Mommy and me time.  I just love this little girl so much!  She is SO sweet (when she wants to be) and so independent.  Her favorite things to do right now are dance, dance, dance, and give kisses. She even got to try her first Happy Meal and kept saying "mmmmm" about the fries.  Yep, she's mine. 
What a great way to spend a weekend.  Oh, and Mike caught a lot of fish, ate a lot of fish and got really sunburned so I would say he had a pretty great time too.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment