Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day


This was Madie and I's second Mother's Day!  Wow, did she treat me well this year!

 Here we are this time last year, my how things change!

 I woke up to a fabulous breakfast prepared by Madie and Daddy. What are we going to do today Madie?  I don't know!


 Madie got me a trip to the spa which I could not be more excited about!


 My friend Lynn got Madie this book for mother's day.  I highly recommend it to any working mom. It is great!

 After breakfast and a nap, we decided to head out to Mayfest.  We were so lucky to have MiMi and Granddaddy meet us there!

Here is Madie trying to talk Granddaddy into riding the ponies!  Oh she is a fine negotiator. She almost had him, if the sign hadn't said 3 and up she would have been on that pony!

 
Here is Madie in the petting zoo with MiMi.  She is super fortunate to have a MiMi willing to grab every animal and show it to her! Ha!

MiMi, Momma and Madie.  My favorite girls! 

 Daddy found Madie a great spot under a big tree close to the band.  Perfect to spread out our blanket and enjoy the festival.

 This picture doesn't do it justice, but Madie did A LOT of dancing.  Her new favorite pastime.

 MiMi shared her corn with Madie.  She kept saying "mmmmmmm"!  Sorry MiMi - you just thought that was your lunch!

 Dancing with Granddaddy

 It was pretty hot so Madie and MiMi hit the water area.  You could walk around on this grate and it would squirt water.  All was going well until this photo! Ha!  Priceless.
Thanks for coming and sharing Mother's Day with us MiMi and Granddaddy!  Not a single day goes by that I don't thank God that I am Madie's momma.  Mother's day has a whole new meaning to me now.  An unwavering admiration for my sweet momma and an unwavering love and hope for my sweet Madie. I can think of no better way to spend the day than with the two of them.  I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment