Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas. Crazy, Glorious Whirlwind Christmas.

Is it just me or did Christmas come and go in an absolute flash this year?  Wow!  Regardless, we had a wonderful time and Madie was blessed beyond belief.  Well, we all were but this is about her so I won't post the picture of my ridiculously cute leopard and purple peep-toe pumps.  Disclaimer happens now:  way too many pictures posted so if you read this for my witty banter you can wait for my next post.  Otherwise just revel in the absolute adorableness that is my sweet Madie.  



We struck out for Abilene on Christmas Eve Eve but got there a little late.  First item on the agenda Christmas Eve morning was making cookies for Santa!  Madie was very good at it! 


 Admiring her finished product.

 We do tamales for dinner on Christmas Eve but Mimi had a special treat in store for Madie and Cooper!  They got to make their own pizzas!  Chefs in training, I mean it!
 This is Madie clapping in the middle of her masterpiece. 
 Watching them bake in the oven.  Yes Case is quite handsome isn't he?
 Handsome and CRAZY!  Look at Madie's face.  Priceless.
 After dinner it was time to distribute the presents.  It is a longstanding tradition in the Chambers clan that the youngest take on this duty.  Case has been waiting 20 years to pass it on.  Here he is training Cooper and Madie.  I actually think Chad secretly wants to do it himself forever.
 The insane amount of presents for Madie, Mike and I.  I promise we were not this good.  Our family just chooses to ignore our flaws.  Thanks for that!
 My sweet pea posing
 Madie really enjoyed opening presents this year.  She just tore through them so quickly!  It was fun to watch her. 
 Cooper is his super sweet train gear!  He looked SO good.
 Christmas Eve family photo with Madie's new special baby from Mommy and Daddy. 
 Madie wrote a note and left cookies for Santa in hopes that he would make it to Abilene!
 Luckily, he did and left her a loot!!


 He even left fingernail polish in her stocking which we had to use immediately. 
 I LOVE this picture!  Madie in her high heels, with her wand talking on the phone. I feel like this is me most days! Ha!
 Madie also got lots of things to take care of her new baby.  She loved them.  I think she fits in her new pack-n-play famously.  Ha!  Such a silly girl.
 It was such a great Christmas for our little family.  And to think this is probably the last picture of us as a family of three!!

I am still trying to figure out how Granddaddy managed to avoid the camera the entire time.  He was there I promise, causing mischief.  As every year, we were blessed beyond measure and so thankful to be able to spend time with family.  Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!  I cannot wait to see what 2012 will bring but know it is bringing someone really special in just a few short weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment