Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Results Are In.......

If you haven't read my previous post this won't make much sense to you so start there. Let me begin by saying that the Miracle Blanket should be called the Its A Miracle If You Actually Get Your Child In This Blanket. Oh my goodness, it even came with an instruction sheet. But, I digress. We got all swaddled up, turned on our fan, our vaporizer, our musical seahorse and went down for the night. By the way, I have been swaddling Madie since day 1 but the previous blankets could just not hold up to her donkey kicks. I don't know why I am surprised she did it three times in our first sonogram. I had 4 hours of blissful sleep. That is entirely untrue, I got up three times in the fours hours to do the "is she still breathing Mommy test". And then around 1:00am I heard the sound many a mom has heard at this time. The rustling of little feet trying to break free from their straight jacket followed by the "get in here and feed me, I am starving cry". And then again at 5:00am and then again at 6:30am. So it was better, but not exactly a MIRACLE! And if I am being completely honest, I totally failed Sleep Training 101. I am not following any of the rules. Everytime I go to her she makes me laugh which then leads to a conversation which then leads to endless rocking. Last night I even took her picture (see below). But let's face it, freshman level courses have just really never been my thing. I prefer real world experience, good old trial and error. So, let's get to the point. Everytime I went to her room she had busted out of the they can't get out of this blanket. My sweet Madie is going to give David Blaine a run for his money! And so we go on humming a familiar tune, "The Road Goes On Forever and the Party Never Ends"



1 comment:

  1. I'm one of Kelly's friends and I peek in on your blog fairly frequently! We swaddled our daughter every night and every naptime until she was four months old. Someone gave us the Miracle Blanket as a shower gift and we tried it out for a few nights, but we had a terrible time actually getting her into it, too. Oh, the joys of infant sleep!

    ReplyDelete