Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Better Late Than Never

It may not be the 4th, but boy did we have a great one! I may be a little late posting, but I went back to work this week so things have been a little hectic. That's my story and I am sticking to it. To celebrate we headed to Abilene to see MiMi, Grandaddy and Case. We started off our weekend by heading out to the Ball Ranch to see my dear friend Sherry and her family sing some good 'ol country music. We had a blast and Madie loved the music. On the 4th, Uncle Case tried to give Madie fireworks, but I didn't think we were quiet ready for that! Ha! And then, much to our surprise Madie decided to reach not one, but two major milestones. She laughed out loud for the first time and rolled over! She thought it was too funny when MiMi was helping her clap for herself. When she started giggling it was the sweetest sound I have ever heard. How much fun! It is hard to get her to do it, but occasionally it slips out. Then, during a little tummy time she decided "why not just throttle myself over?". You should have seen her face the first time she did it! We were all so excited. Now she rolls over so fast as soon as I put her on her stomach and is oh so proud of herself. I know this is only the first of her many accomplishments and we sure are enjoying the ride. Here are some pics of our fabulous weekend!

Happy 4th! Madie with a firework Uncle Case slipped her

Madie and me at the Ball Ranch
This was just too funny not to post. Think she was over the photography sessions?


Here she is showing just how strong she is and holding her head up high

Grandaddy figured out how to get Madie to take a great nap. Rock her to sleep and then DON'T MOVE!!! Ha! I think they sat like that for over 2 hours.
Madie all dolled up in her 4th of July outfit
And here it is, drumroll please..................................Madie rolling over!

No comments:

Post a Comment