Friday, July 23, 2010

Operation Sleepy Madie

A couple of weeks ago, my sweet Madie decided she really prefers her parties happen in the middle of the night. We tend to party about every two hours. Well, in response I have launched Operation Sleepy Madie. I researched, read, begged, borrowed and stole from Mommies who have paved this road before me. So, this is how its going.................

We started with the vaporizer, might as well have started with a strobe light

Then we introduced the fan, you know to drown out all that noise. Well now she just has to fuss a little louder to drown out the fan.
So I read and heard about sleep positioners. Many a mom raved its reviews and guaranteed it's success, I ran right out and got one. That night my little Houdini had catapulted her body off of the said device and was lying horizontal at the end of her bed with the most adorable grin you have ever seen in your life


And then it arrived!!! The MIRACLE BLANKET. I have read all about it, it even says 100% satisfaction guaranteed right on the packaging. I thought it would never get here. We are trying this tonight, I can almost see the sheep lining up to be counted and the sandman preparing extra sleep dust for me tonight. Stay tuned.

I, of course, have told Madie that she is going to get the very best night of sleep in her entire 14 week existence. Then I noticed on the package, it says newborn to 14 weeks. BUT NO!! We turned 14 weeks on Tuesday. I don't care, we are giving it a shot, if only for a week. I am a rule follower you know. Here is Madie's reaction..................

In all honesty, I am not quiet ready for her to sleep through the night (insert laughter here, but I AM serious). I enjoy our little mommy and me time when the rest of the house is quiet and her big brown eyes seem to sparkle the most. I would just sort of like to have them in 4 or 5 hour increments instead of two. Oh, and don't suggest letting her "cry it out", not happening, I am not built that way, I don't care who it has worked for. Probably the same person who recommended the vaporizer. Wish us luck!!!








3 comments:

  1. These sleep patterns must be in the Chamber genes! I hope the blanket works miracles for you! Good news is she WILL eventually sleep through the night one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the incline but here is a tip to keep her on it.... snug it up to the bumper where her head is so she doesnt get the chance push herself off the front of it. OH.... does she sleep on her tummy. D slept on her incline forever! WE covered it with a blanket for pretty pictures! I know VAIN right....... Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie she is so cute! The Miracle Blanket aka Baby Straight Jacket worked for us. We also have the Cloud b Sleep Sheep. It is a cute little sheep with a sound box that plays heartbeat, rain, ocean.....and whale of all things. We noticed Rylan slept like a champ when it rains, so we were sold. The box can be taken out of the lamb, so we just set it beside/on one of the three things he prefers to sleep in. So with the combo of the two and the occasional vibration from the bouncer, he sleeps 5 hours during the night at 7 weeks! Yeah! Good luck with little Madie.

    ReplyDelete