Thursday, October 14, 2010

6 Months Old

Little Ms. Madie turned 6 months old yesterday.  We, of course, celebrated her first half birthday with lots of singing (mine - she is SO lucky, I cannot almost envision the eye rolls of my future), new bath toys, a fun crawl and move ball, and her very own sippy cup.  At 6 months old, Madie loves to observe and study new things.  She loves her talking purse and tea set, but still goes back to her old faithfuls - Sophie the giraffe and blocks.  She sleeps with her Bunny Love and it is so cute to creep into her room in the middle of the night and see her hugging it tightly.  She giggles quiet frequently and especially thinks its funny when Mom says "BOO!" and plays "Where is Madie?".  She rolls all over the place, that is her favorite form of transportation these days.  Madie has tried carrots, peas, avacados, butternut squash, green beans, sweet potatoes, and bananas. Basically she likes anything that isn't green.  Sweet potatoes and squash remain the front runners and the only things that solicit an occasional "mmmm"  Madie weighs 16.7lbs and 25.3 inches tall.  She did say Dada the other day, and believe me, her Daddy is working dillegently to encourage more use of that word!  I love SO many things about my sweet angel baby but here are a few:  she grasps her sweet little hands in front of herself all the time, her giggle is AMAZING, she holds her bunny over her and talks to him first thing in the mornings, she holds on to my arm when I read to her at night, she grabs her little ear whenever she is about to crash out, and her smile already lights up a room! Here are our 6 months pics, and I must say that when I was pregnant and thought about the way I would stage Madie's monthly photos, I decided on the blocks because I knew that she would, at some point, have blocks in her mouth, on the floor, anywhere but in front displaying her current age - that day has arrived folks!  Enjoy - I sure did!  My sweet baby girl is quiet the funny baby!

"Hey Mom - did you see the awesome blocks in my crib?"

I think I might want them..............................


HAHAHA!  Yeah I am going to grab them!  (this is my favorite picture of the bunch!)


Mmmmm, I think I will put Bunny Love in my mouth instead.

OK Mom, here is your shot.  Better hurry. 


Notice how the blocks don't really say "months", that's because in between every shot I was trying to get them restacked! I didn't even realize the S was upside down in a few and the H had disappeard until I downloaded them!  Oh how I love this life. 

1 comment: