Monday, December 13, 2010

8 Months - but who's counting?

Little Ms. Madie is 8 months old today.  I say this EVERY month, but I really cannot believe how fast time is going.  I mean, we are almost to the point of when "I just had a baby" is not going to work anymore.  Really?  I need to fix my hair, iron my clothes and skip dessert again?  Wow.  Madie Lou is quiet the drama queen these days, I am not sure where she gets it.  She has this adorable little cheesy grin she gives when she thinks you are not paying attention. She is a Kappa legacy, what did we expect?  Anytime we try a new food she fake gags herself.  It used to freak me out, but I have become wise in my old and experienced 8 months of motherhood.  Madie is SO close to crawling!  She has the full army crawl down and can cover some territory very quickly but we are literally moments away from a whole new world of exploration.  I am so excited watching my sweet angel reach her milestones but with a bittersweet emotion.  I packed up the changing pad the other day because Madie is a crazy baby when it comes to diaper changes.  Seriously, steer wrestlers have nothing on me.  But as I put it away I couldn't help but remember her early days when that was her absolute favorite spot.  She would lay and look in the mirror, then she discovered that she could make noises by hitting the frame of the mirror with her rattle, and now she knows that is only the beginning of what she can do in this great big world.  Madie sleeps 11 hours a night with her bunny and seahorse, takes two naps during the day, and is a great mood most of the time.  We are now eating breakfast and dinner and have just started fun combinations like squash and apples.  Our favorite toys are, let's be honest, anything we are not supposed to have and our favorite game is "drop it and see how fast mommy can get it".  Madie is truly an absolute delight and I cannot imagine how my days existed without that bright smile I receive when I get home from work.  There is nothing quiet like a big sloppy kiss from your 8 month old daughter to make everything else seem small and insignificant.  We love you Ms. Madie Lou!






2 comments:

  1. Happy 8 month old birthday sweet girl! Keep your mama on her toes! :) When are we going to get all of the girls together and play? I say lets plan a weekend at Great Wolf Lodge in Jan/Feb with the daddies of course....... thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy monthday sweet Madie! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete