Sunday, October 21, 2012

State Fair Time!


I LOVE the fall!  It cools off enough to enjoy being outside and there is enough going on to keep you busy for weeks!  One of the important things on our list was the Texas State Fair.  I am SO glad we got the girls pic with Big Tex before his demise.  So very sad, I know it sounds cheesy but there are a lot of fond memories that begin with Big Tex for more families than just ours! I hope he is back next year, bigger and better than ever (and with fire resistant clothing - I'm just saying)!

The girls ready for their big adventure!

 Ha!
 One of the first attractions was the hands on farm.  Madie had fun pretending to be a farmer and doing all their daily chores.  She even earned a dollar for her and her sister and bought animal crackers and a power bar (don't ask) at the country store.
 Marlie driving the tractor, or rather, chilling on the tractor!
 Madie has a real love for riding rides!  She would ride every single one if we would let her.  No fear at all!

 Come on Daddy!  Let's ride some more!!


Such a fun time as a family! We ate, danced, and saw tons of animals.  Can't wait for next year! I love this sweet girls!


Oh - and we tried fried jambalaya, fried frito pies and had corn dogs. I think I am good for a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment