Friday, May 7, 2010

All I Need to Know

Most of you know as I prepared for my sweet Madie I read every parenting book I could get my hands on. I always want to feel prepared for the task at hand! I wondered why some of my veteran mommy friends laughed every time I spouted one of my book factoids. Well it turns out no book can ever prepare you for what mommyhood really is all about. Lucky for me, my own mom can! See the woman who was always down the hall from me is in fact quiet the expert! She was here when Madie arrived, the day she came home, for her first bath and for all those times I looked at her and said "what do i do?". No book ever said "try as hard as you can to comfort her and she will know how much you love her". No book ever said "massage her belly this way to relieve that little bit of gas". No book was there to guide me through the first time I gave my daughter a bath or that first nasal syringe experience! And certainly no book was ever around to watch my sweet angel as I catch a much needed nap, shower, or bathroom break! All the while I keep thinking someday I will get to do this for Madie. I have always known what an amazing mom I have, and now she is teaching me how to be that for my Madie. As I celebrate my first Mother's Day with my little dream I can only pray I will be half the mom to her that my mom has been to me. Because all I need to know about being a mom comes from watching her! Happy Mothers Day!

Mimi and Madie's first picture
Madie's dress up day

Mom, me and Madie. We didn't position Madie very well, but we tried!!




3 comments:

  1. Mimi is awesome for sure. Even Travis thought so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet, sweet post to honor a very special Mimi! Happy 1st Mother's Day to you Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said! She's one special MiMi! We have alot to learn from her.

    ReplyDelete