Friday, May 14, 2010

One Month Old

We cannot believe Madie is one month old! This past month has possibly been the fastest in my entire life. Madie is changing so quickly and it seems she learns something new everyday. I knew I was going to love my daughter, I had no idea just how much that love would consume me. I love that she fights us when she doesn't want to sleep, I imagine it means she is going to fight as hard as she can when someone is trying to get her to do something she doesn't want to do. I love when she stares up at me and coos, I know this is only the beginning of our conversations. I love that she kicks her little legs as hard as she can in times of pure joy and utter disgust, maybe we have a soccer player on our hands. I love that every time I leave her with her Daddy for more than 5 minutes I come back and she is missing a bow and one sock. I think she is probably getting a little help in that arena. But probably, most of all, I love those wide toothless grins she bestows upon me occasionally. Those grins get me through every late night feeding, every fussy period and every catastrophic diaper. I know her smile will change over time and I know it will always set my heart on fire. We are so amazed at our precious daughter and I look forward to every moment as she discovers her world around her, those who love her and who she is going to be. We love you Madie Lou, you have filled our hearts until they could explode!

One month old modeling shoot, she was pretty patient as it takes me forever to take a decent picture!

Madie's absolute favorite place is to hang out on her changing table. We cannot figure it out! We think maybe she is looking at something in the mirror. But whatever you do, do not try to actually CHANGE her on the changing table!

In honor of Madie's one month birthday, MiMi and I decided she should be broken into Southlake Town Center, one of our favorite shopping spots. Here she is ready to strike out. (If I am honest, we only went to one store, but it was a start)

Here she is in the restaurant after we ate. Doesn't she look worn out? Look at how lopsided her bow wound up! You should've seen how MiMi and I looked. Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see Madie is getting some early shopping training! She's going to need it to keep up with her Mommy and MiMi!

    ReplyDelete